Marks' Basic Medical Biochemistry 5th/2017
A Clinical Approach
Qty:Add to Wish List
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrations make chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettes connect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notes explain patient signs or symptoms, and Method Notes relate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.
- Clinical Comments link biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.
- Biochemical Comments explore directions for new research.
- Key Concepts and Summary Disease tables highlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter – 470 total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resources available online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: