Practical Evidence-Based Physiotherapy 2nd/2012
Qty:Add to Wish List
Evidence-based practice has become a central part of physiotherapy today, but it is still an area which is constantly expanding and being updated. Written by an international team of experts, this second edition continues to outline the basic definitions of evidence-based practice and clinical reasoning, while detailing how to find and critically appraise evidence and clinical practice guidelines and the steps to follow in the implementation and evaluation of evidence.
For those struggling to understand both the concepts and how to implement them, this book will prove to be an invaluable and practical guide.
- Considers how both quantitative and qualitative research can be used to answer clinical questions
- Written for readers with different levels of expertise
- Highlighted critical points and text box summaries (basic)
- Detailed explanations in text (intermediate)
- Footnotes (advanced)
- Presents detailed strategies for searching physiotherapy-relevant databases
- Extensive consideration of clinical practice guidelines
- Chapter asking the question: When and how should new therapies be introduced into clinical practice
- Search strategies
- Evaluating quality of interventions
- Placebo effects
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: