Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders 2nd/2013
A Multidisciplinary Approach
Qty:Add to Wish List
This book is intended to help practitioners understand the causes and effects of disordered breathing and to provide strategies and protocols to help restore normal function. Fully updated throughout, this volume has been completely revised to guide the practitioner in the recognition of breathing pattern disorders and presents the latest research findings relating to the condition including a range of completely new techniques – many from an international perspective - to help restore and maintain normal functionality. Video clips on an associated website presents practical examples of the breathing techniques discussed in the book.
"This is not a perfect all-encompassing textbook.That was not its purpose. As a catalyst for stimulating further exploration and for use as a reference in clinical work of wide-ranging paradigms it succeeds admirably." Reviewed by: David Propert, British School of Osteopathy, UK, International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine Date: Aug 2014.
- Carefully prepared by a global team of renowned experts under the guidance of Leon Chaitow
- Focuses on practical, validated, and clinically relevant information
- Abundant use of pull-out boxes, line artwork, photographs and tables facilitates ease of understanding
- Contains clinical cases to ensure full comprehension of the topics explored
- Suitable for physiotherapists, manual therapists, physical therapists, osteopaths, osteopathic physicians and chiropractors, massage therapists, Pilates and yoga teachers & therapists, Tai chi and Feldenkrais practitioners, athletic coaches and voice-coaches
- Video clips on an associated website presents practical examples of the breathing techniques discussed in the book
- Includes the latest protocols on breathing rehabilitation
- Includes specialist chapters on breathing dysfunction associated with pain syndromes such as pain of pelvic origin and other unexplained medical conditions
- Discusses the use of capnography in assessment and rehabilitation
- Includes discussion of Vojta/Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization Therapy
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: