Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2018 1st/2017
Qty:Add to Wish List
Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2018 provides essential information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. This go-to drug reference features Black Box Alerts and comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and fixed combinations - all in a handy user-friendly format. To promote better patient care, it uniquely guides you through clinical priorities in the practice setting. New drug monographs cover approximately 25 newly approved drugs by the FDA; and thoroughly updated monographs include new interactions, precautions, and alerts.
Key Features :-
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) are organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for high-alert drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, as well as an appendix for drug names that sound alike and look alike, help promote safe drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Frequently-used herb monographs and herb interactions keep you informed of the effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Nursing implications are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations equips you with special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensively expanded IV content features a heading for IV compatibilities and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs to help you understand different drug dose options for specific diseases.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located directly in the main section of the book for easier accessibility.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs and quarterly drug updates are located on the free Evolve companion site.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you the patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Newly approved drugs are listed in the front of the book for quick and easy access to this timely information.
- A sample drug monograph with callouts helps you understand how to use the book more efficiently.
- NEW and EXPANDED! New drug monographs for approximately 25 newly approved drugs by the FDAequip you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated monographs throughout feature updated information on new interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information.
- NEW and UPDATED! Over 270 Black Box Alerts updates and additions highlight the drugs found to carry a significant risk of serious or even life-threatening adverse effects.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: