Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology For Undergraduates 2nd/2017
Qty:Add to Wish List
- Provides comprehensive clinical knowledge on obstetrics and gynecology for the undergraduate students of MBBS.
- Presentation is in a simple, easy to learn format.
- The endeavor is to bridge the gap between theory and practicals and provide ready reference for the students before their practical exams.
- Designed in such a way that it can be a handy constant companion in wards, helping the students in case presentation.
- A separate chapter 'Frequently Asked Questions' gives the important questions for the practical examinations.
- A chapter 'Commonly Asked Questions' is added for viva preparation.
- Salient points to be noted for different cases like anemia, hypertension, fibroid, prolapse and others are included
- Helpful topics like Instruments, Drugs and Contraception, Cardiotocogram and Partogram, Common Procedures are given importance.
We are pleased that the first edition of this book was well received by the undergraduate students. In the second edition we have added a chapter on commonly asked questions pertaining to the cases, after the case presentation. We have included all the very commonly asked questions in the viva. All the sections have been revised, colour pictures have been included. More questions are added in the Chapter of Frequently Asked Questions.
Though this book is primarily intended for undergraduates, it is also useful for postgraduates, especially before practicals for a quick revision. This book is very comprehensive and includes all the components of the practicals. This book does not replace a standard text book but it supplements it. The purpose of this book is to help students to quickly revise before practicals without having to go through bulky textbooks which may add anxiety. Valuable suggestions and feedback would be appreciated.
Chapter 1 | Case Presentation: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Chapter 2 | Commonly Asked Questions in Clinical Case Presentation
Chapter 3 | Frequently Asked Questions
Chapter 4 | Instruments
Chapter 5 | Drugs and Contraception
Chapter 6 | Specimens
Chapter 7 | Cardiotocogram and Partogram
Chapter 8 | Maternal Pelvis and Fetal Skull
Chapter 9 | Common Procedures
About the authors:
Dr. K. Murlidhar Rao, MD is presently a teacher in Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SVS Medical College, Mahabubnager, TS. Formerly: Asst Professor, Government Maternity Hospital, Hyderabad. Teacher at Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences and Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences (Nalgonda).
Dr. L. Jayanthi Reddy, MD, DGO, DNB
Presently Professor and HOD of Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SVS Medical College, Mahabubnager, TS. Formerly: Asst Professor, Government Maternity Hospital, Hyderabad.
I am very happy to note that Dr. Muralidhar Rao and Dr. Jayanthi Reddy are coming out with a book for undergraduates, which will be of immense help in revision before the practical examinations.
It is simple and covers most of the important topics and also the commonly asked questions in the practical examination. I am sure the future editions of the book will cover more material, in view of the advances in subjects and practice. I wish good luck to both the authors and congratulate them on their endeavor.
Dr. Hemalatha Rangachary
C.C. Shroff Memorial Hospital
Govt. Maternity Hospital
Osmania Medical College
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good